Consultancy agreement is required when a company appoints external consultant for getting few services completed in a desired manner.
Get a secure consultant agreement drawn up by a senior corporate lawyer with knowledge of Employment and HR laws.
9.2 / 10
Easy EMI Options
Easy And Simple Process
1. Fill Form
Simply fill the form to get started
2. Call to Discuss
Our legal experts will connect with you & prepare documents
3. Get the agreement
We deliver the drafted consultancy agreement
Start Doing Business With A Single Click
Don’t waste time searching and coordinating with multiple vendors to set up or grow your business. Just subscribe to our “All in one” Business package and focus on your dream and big idea.
All services under one roofYour extended corporate Office
IT and Infosec
IT and Infosec
Learn more about Consultancy Agreement
What is the Consultancy Agreement?
A consulting agreement is an agreement that an organization/employer enters into with his/her consultant. This agreement governs the relationship between the consultant and the employer and lists the various terms of their relationship, such as deliverables, timing, compensation, roles, and responsibilities, etc.
Particularly from a business perspective, it is appropriate to enter into a consulting services agreement to define the scope of the consultant’s work and limit him/her to obligations such as confidentiality, exclusivity, compensation, and non-competition.
A well-written consultancy agreement covers the following:
- What is the job description and what are the responsibilities of a consultant?
- What results are expected/required from the consultant?
- What is the compensation structure?
- How long is the consultation? Is there a blocking period?
- Is exclusivity required from a consultant?
- Is there a right to vacation?
- How can a consultation be terminated? What is the notice period?
- How will intellectual property be dealt with in the work done by the consultant in the course of his / her arrangement?
- Are there any non-competition and non-competitive restrictions?
- Establishes Proof: Provides proof of what was agreed between you and the other party
- Avoids Conflicts: Helps to prevent future misunderstandings or disputes by making the agreement clear from the beginning
- Offers Guarantee: Gives you security and peace of mind by having the terms of the agreement down on paper which the terms do not changes
- Minimizes Risks: Consultancy agreement reduces the risk of a dispute regarding payments, responsibilities, and timeframes that the service to be performed under the contract
- Sets Boundaries: Sets a clear boundary on what is expected, what is not and offers guidance and agreement on how any disputes shall be resolved
- Defines Timelines: Consultancy Agreements specify how either party can expect to end the contract before and after the work gets completed