Don’t worry about messy paper work and running to various government departments for your Copyright Registration.
Just onboard with us and relax. Our experts will handle end to end process and provide you with timely updates.
9.2 / 10
Easy EMI Options
Easy And Simple Process
1. Fill Form
Simply fill the form to get started
2. Talk To Our Expert
Our expert will connect with you to collect information and complete all government formalities.
3. Process completed
Sit Back and relax. We’ll complete and deliver.
Start Doing Business With A Single Click
Don’t waste time searching and coordinating with multiple vendors to set up or grow your business. Just subscribe to our “All in one” Business package and focus on your dream and big idea.
All services under one roofYour extended corporate Office
IT and Infosec
IT and Infosec
Your idea could be the next big business – Dont waste time in business management. Set up your affordable and plug and play corporate office with us.
Learn more about Copyright Registration
Copyright registration will help protect your creative work from being stolen/copied by anyone else. Protecting your creative work in India has never been easier. ExpertPoint can help you file your copyright registration online in just 24 hours at a really affordable price point.
ExpertPoint is a Government Approved firm in Chennai, Tamilnadu led by the industry’s best Chartered accountants, Company Secretaries, Corporate Lawyers who have helped creators protect their work from being copied/stolen/modified.
Any creative work is eligible for copyright registration. In India, copyrights fall under three main classes of work and each class has its own distinctive rights under the Copyright Act. Cinematograph films are grouped under another class of work which comprises any visual recording done on any medium. Sound recordings has its own class under copyright act consisting of any audio recording done on any medium. Original literary, musical, dramatic, and artistic work are grouped under one class of work that comprises copyrights for books. Music, sculpture, painting etc.
- Name, Address & Nationality of the Applicant
- Name, address and nationality of the author of the work
- Nature of the applicant’s interest in the copyright – whether the applicant is the author of the work or the representative of the author
- Copies of the original work
- ID proof of the owner and Incorporation certificate if it is for business
Nature of The Work
- Class & Description of the Work
- Title of the Work
- Language of the Work
- Date of Publication – Publication in internal magazines, like a company magazine or a research paper submitted to a professor does not count as publication.
There are many advantages of obtaining a copyright registration as given below
- Copyright registration creates a public record of ownership for the creative work
- Copyright protection prevents other from infringing upon someone else’s work
- It allows the owner to record the registration with Indian customs to prevent the importation of infringing copies into India
- Copyright registration allows the owner to collect statutory damages in court if the registration was made in a short span of time the person’s work or at any time prior to the infringement of the copyrighted work
- The owner of the copyright can use, reuse, and reproduce, and sell copies of the work that is copyrighted
- Copyright protection allows the owner of the work to openly showcase his work to the public without the fear of copyright infringement
- Copyright protection rewards creators for their originality
- Copyright registration will display the validity of your copyright if it is registered within a period of five years from publication
Timelines and next steps
Step 1: Duly filled-up copyright registration application form has to be submitted with the Copyright Registrar. Copyright application must be made on “Form IV” along with “Statement of Particulars and Statement of Further Particulars”. Separate applications for different type of work are there.
Step 2: The forms must be duly signed by the applicant and the application will be submitted by ExpertPoint’s Advocate under whose name Power of Attorney has been executed.
Step 3: Once the application is submitted online, you will be issued the Diary number.
Step 4: There is a waiting period of 30 days within which the Copyright Examiner reviews the application for potential discrepancies and/or objections.
Step 5: If discrepancy and/or objections are found, discrepancy notice will be issued and the same needs to have complied within 30 days from the date of issuance of the notice.
Step 6: Once the discrepancy has been removed or if there are no discrepancies or objections with the application, the copyright shall be registered and the Copyright Office shall issue the Extracts of Register of Copyrights (ROC). On completion of the copyright application, you will receive a diary number. Registration will take 12 months from this day.
What you need to know?
Why Clients Choose Us
Easily Accessible Experts
Quick response time within 24hours
Timely service delivery
Your Growth is our Motto. Customized solutions to match your business nature and needsRead more