Professional Tax Registration
Get professional tax registration done for your business across India with ExpertPoint’s professional tax registration services.
Our personalized consultation from our experts will guide you through the professional tax registration process.
9.2 / 10
Easy EMI Options
Easy And Simple Process
1. Fill Form
Simply fill the form to get started
2. Prepare the registration form and file
Filing with the relevant authorities.
3. Get Certificate
PT Assessment Number / Certificate will be issued.
Start Doing Business With A Single Click
Don’t waste time searching and coordinating with multiple vendors to set up or grow your business. Just subscribe to our “All in one” Business package and focus on your dream and big idea.
All services under one roofYour extended corporate Office
IT and Infosec
Learn more about Professional Tax Registration
Every Company transacting business and every person who is engaged actively or otherwise in any Profession, Trade, Calling and Employment has to pay Profession Tax. It is levied by State Governments under Municipal Laws and respective state laws. Simplify your professional tax online registration through our dedicated online platform. We specialize in online registration for professional tax online in Chennai, offering a seamless and efficient process. Whether you’re a new professional or need to update your registration, our user-friendly platform ensures a hassle-free experience.
Professional tax is basically of two types
- Monthly deduction from salaries
- Profession payable based on the annual turnover or capital of the registered businesses.
The business or person has to register with the respective City Corporation, municipality or commercial tax department which will assign a permanent number in the style of PT Account Number. Discover the pinnacle of expertise with our comprehensive registration services. Seamlessly register for GST online and streamline your taxation journey. Simplify complex processes with GST LUT registration online, ensuring smooth export operations. Trust in our proficiency for PAN card online services, securing a vital identification document conveniently. Navigate the realms of EPFO online registration and ESIC employee registration online effortlessly, assuring a seamless and compliant workforce management. Experience hassle-free registrations with us and embark on a journey of operational excellence.
Who should register?
Firms / company
- In the case of professional tax, firms/LLP/corporations/societies/HUF/ associations/clubs/company will be considered as a taxable entity. All the branches involved in these will also be considered as a separate individual in front of the tax payment/ department of professional tax and tax shall be calculated based on the turnover or capital.
- Employers are also responsible to deduct PT from each monthly salary payment and ensure such deduction is mentioned in the salary slip and Form 16 of employees. Professional tax is allowable as deduction in calculating the gross income of the employees.
- The one who is working as a freelancer without any employee needs to pay professional tax.
- Anyone practicing a profession such as chartered accountant, company secretary, lawyer, doctor etc. are required to pay this professional tax online.
- In the case of other classes of individuals, the tax is liable to be paid by the person himself.
Partners And Directors
- People who act as company directors, firm partners, LLP partners and designated partners should pay professional tax. They should register under the Professional Tax Act within 30 days of getting appointed in these roles.
- Certificate received from the Registrar of Companies
- MOA & AOA (In case of Company) or Partnership Agreement
- Proof for Office
- Certificate from Commercial Tax Department
- Pan Card
- Bank Account details (Cancelled cheque of company’s current account)
- Employer & Employee details
- Board Resolution, or consent by partners
Few critical points to understand about professional tax compliance:
Compliance differs from state to state
The compliance varies from one state to another. It is not uniform. Few states levy professional taxes where few others do not. Further the slab rates also vary. Hence if you have business place in multiple states or cities, you have to register for each of the location and pay taxes separately.
Return filing dates:
The frequency of filing the returns vary according to the city or state the business place is located. The business may be required to file either annual or half yearly return.
Applicability of professional tax:
Professional tax is applicable to all types of business entities. The professional tax is usually calculated on the basis of employee’s gross half yearly income. The employer is liable to calculate the tax on self-assessment basis and the employer deducts the tax from the employee’s salary. The tax so deducted is remitted to the respective corporation or municipality or panchayat on a half year on annual basis.